Wednesday, June 10, 2015

We're Going on a Walnut Hunt!

We're learning to add detail to our stories to help paint a picture in the reader's mind.  Can you spot the 'wow' words we used to describe the walnuts?



We went on a walnut hunt.  We walked through the forest hunting for a walnut tree.  Then we swished through the leaves looking for the walnuts.  I found some bumpy brown walnuts on the ground.  I love walnuts.
Ahniqua


I filled my basket up.  We found the little, bumpy walnuts under the leaves.  They are hard, bumpy, little and very wrinkly. 
Bree


We went on a walnut hunt today.  We found walnuts by the walnut tree.  They are little and bumpy.  I have not ever had a walnut.
Alexia


Today we went for a big walnut hunt.  I found heaps of hard, bumpy walnuts.  They were on the ground and we had to search through the leaves. 
Jenna


We went on a walnut hunt.  Max got 1 and I got heaps.  They felt bumpy and dirty.  We had a basket to carry them back to Room 1.
Fynn

3 comments: